Roberto Casula was born in Cagliari in 1962 and graduated in Mining Engineering in April 1988at the University of Cagliari. He joined eni (formerly Agip S.p.A.) in July 1988 as reservoir engineer.
From June 2014 until September 2018 he has been the Chief Development, Operations and Technology Officer of Eni Spa leading an organization of 3000 people (Head Quarter) and 9000 (worldwide).
Main Responsibilities are related to Industrial Projects Design and Execution in all business segments of Eni, supervision of worldwide production operations and maintenance, upstream procurement activities and contract administration, definition of Company’s Technology Plan and deployment of new technologies.
The role also envisages the support for the preparation of Company’s strategy, 4-year plan, planning and control of budget (capex and opex), provision of technical services to all subsidiaries. Additional responsibilities cover the development of know-how and competences for all Company’s technical people and development of Company’s Knowledge Management System.
Direct organization is as follows:
– Operations (Production & Maintenance, Drilling & Completion, Logistic, Decommissioning)
– Upstream Procurement Services & Industrial Analysis;
– Research, Technological Innovation and Laboratories;
– Reservoir Studies & Development Projects (concept and selection);
– Integrated Project Management, Engineering and Construction;
– Mozambique Program;
– Technical Assurance;
– Compliance and Business Support;